Information on state subsidies & special credit programs
Protection shield for businesses and companies
- What government-subsidised funds are available to cover short-term financing requirements and bridge liquidity bottlenecks?
- What additional special programs are available?
- What is the application procedure for support measures?
- Bridging assistance is a federal program to reimburse fixed operating costs in the event of Corona-related revenue shortfalls.
- The program is aimed at companies, non-profit enterprises and associations, solo self-employed persons working as their main occupation and members of the liberal professions in all sectors of the economy.
- In Bavaria, the program is administered by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce for Munich and Upper Bavaria.
- Applications must be submitted via third party auditors.
The program comprises five phases:
NEW: Bridging Assistance IV
Bridging Assistance IV will be continued with the proven funding conditions.
What is new?
- Funding months: January to March 2022
- Monthly fixed costs are reimbursed up to a maximum of 90 percent depending on the slump in turnover.
- Enterprises that suffer an average slump in turnover of at least 50 percent in December 2021 and January 2022 will receive an equity subsidy of 30 percent on the fixed cost reimbursement.
- For businesses that were affected by cancellations of the Advent and Christmas markets, this figure is 50 percent. A 50 percent drop in turnover in December 2021 is sufficient as an access requirement.
- The access requirements for the equity grant will be reviewed in February 2022.
Bridging Aid III Plus
The Bridging Assistance III Plus will be continued with the proven funding conditions. All enterprises with a Corona-related drop in turnover of at least 30 percent compared to the respective reference month are still eligible to apply.
- Extended funding period October to December 2021
- Application deadline: 31 March 2022
- The “Restart Premium” is no longer applicable; only the general flat-rate personnel cost allowance can be applied for.
- Funding months: July to September 2021
- Application deadline: 31 March, 2022
- A new addition is the restart premium, which allows companies to receive a higher subsidy for personnel costs if they bring staff back from short-time work, hire new staff or otherwise increase employment in the course of reopening.
- The reimbursement of legal fees and court costs of up to EUR 20,000 per month for restructuring companies to avert insolvency has also been added.
- Advance payments amounting to 50 percent of the requested funding are granted for initial applications. Maximum of 100,000 euros per month or up to 300,000 euros in total.
Bridging assistance III
The third phase of the federal program (Bridging Assistance III) covers the funding months November 2020 to June 2021. Applications can be submitted via Verifying Third Parties until October 31, 2021.
- Bridging Assistance III supports companies, solo self-employed persons and self-employed members of the liberal professions in all sectors with annual sales of up to EUR 750 million.
- Bridging Assistance III was expanded in April 2021 to include an equity grant.
- In addition, reimbursement of fixed costs and start-up assistance for the travel, event and cultural industries, among others, were made possible. In addition, faith-based businesses and startups founded by October 31, 2020, became eligible to apply.
Further information on the questions
- From when can applications be submitted?
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Where can applications be submitted?
- What revenue losses must one have suffered to be eligible to apply?
- What costs are covered?
- How is the bridging aid calculated?
- What is the maximum amount of bridging aid?
- Where can I find current information?
Bridging Assistance I and II: These programs have now been completed.
Bridging Assistance I was a fixed-cost grant for Corona-related sales declines. It covered the grant months of June through August 2020.
Bridging Assistance II covered the grant months of September through December 2020
New start-up assistance for solo self-employed
New start-up assistance Plus
The New Start-up Assistance Plus for solo self-employed persons will also be continued. Here, too, the term will extend in a further phase from 01 January to 31 March 2022. Further details will follow.
The conditions for the previous funding months:
- Funding months: July to September 2021
- Application deadline: March 31, 2022
- The advance (lump sum for operating costs) has been increased to a maximum of 4,500 euros for solo self-employed and one-person corporations and up to 18,000 euros for multi-person corporations and cooperatives in the entire reference period.
- Neustarthilfe Plus cannot be applied for in addition to Überbrückungshilfe III Plus.
Natural persons can already apply for Neustarthilfe Plus by direct application in their own name using the ELSTER certificate. The application period ends on October 31, 2021. The application for corporations and cooperatives via auditing third parties will follow at a later date (as of August 11, 2021)
New start-up aid
New start-up assistance provides financial support to solo self-employed persons in all sectors of the economy who experience high sales losses in the period from January to June 2021 due to Corona, but who have only low fixed operating costs.
Small corporations and cooperatives are also eligible for restart assistance if the majority of their income – if earned by an individual – would qualify as business or professional income.
- New start-up assistance supports solo self-employed persons and small corporations (one/one partner) with up to EUR 7,500 and multi-person corporations and cooperatives with up to EUR 30,000.
- It is paid as an advance for January to June 2021.
- The application deadline for initial applications and amendments is October 31, 2021.
- The new start-up aid cannot be applied for in addition to the bridging aid III.
Who makes the application?
Natural persons (solo self-employed with and without staff companies, short-term employees in the performing arts and non-permanent employees) can submit the application using the ELSTER certificate OR through an auditing third party.
Corporations and cooperatives must apply for the new start-up aid through an auditing third party.
KfW Corona assistance – loans for companies
As a company, self-employed person or freelancer you have got into financial difficulties due to the Corona crisis and need a loan?
In order to improve your liquidity and cover running costs, you can obtain a KfW loan. You apply for the loan at your bank or savings bank.
KfW differentiates between the following:
- KfW quick loan for companies with up to 10 employees or for companies with more than 10 employees.
- KfW loan for companies that have been on the market for more than 5 years.
- KfW loan for young companies that have been on the market for less than 5 years.
- KfW special program – syndicated financing starting at EUR 25 million.
- Further support for companies from the federal and state governments.
If you would like to use a loan guarantee, please contact the guarantee bank in your federal state.
We will be happy to advise and help you with your loan application.
KfW Quick Loan 2020
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) has decided to further promote small and medium-sized businesses with a new KfW fast loan. Interesting here is above all the 100% liability exemption for the house banks, as well as the term of 10 years.
A disadvantage is the “high” interest rate of 3%.
According to other sources, it should be possible to convert the financing at a later date into other loans from KfW with lower interest rates.
The most important facts in brief:
- For purchases and running costs
- Small and large loan amounts – up to 1,800,000 euros
- Up to 10 years time for repayment, 2 years no repayment
- KfW assumes 100% of the bank risk.
- The KfW fast loan can be taken out with banks or savings banks until December 31, 2021.
LfA Development Bank Bavaria
Liquidity support through loans & risk assumption
The LfA helps companies to overcome the corona crisis with loans and risk assumption. A prerequisite for the support of the companies is a fundamentally viable business model and the willingness of the house banks to integrate the LfA support offers into the overall financing.
If you would like to take advantage of financing from the following programmes, please contact your house bank where the LfA loans are applied for and paid out.
- Eligible to apply are commercial enterprises with an annual turnover (consolidated turnover) of up to and including 500 million euros and members of the liberal professions
- financed, investments, the acquisition of inventories and general working capital requirements, including rescheduling of current liabilities
- Maximum loan amount: EUR 10 million per project
- as far as a loan of up to 4 million euros cannot be sufficiently secured by banks, an 80 percent indemnity against liability is possible for companies with group sales of up to and including 500 million euros
- for indemnity against liability , a simplified application and processing procedure applies for all LfA promotional loans with indemnification up to 500,000 euros.
- Eligible to apply are medium-sized commercial enterprises and members of the liberal professions
- Guarantees of the LfA can also be applied for operating resources
- maximum guarantee rate is increased to a uniform 80 percent of the loan amount for working capital, rescue and restructuring guarantees and consolidation loans
- LfA guarantees up to EUR 500,000 the simplified application and processing procedure also applies as for indemnifications up to EUR 500,000
- Guarantees of the LfA will be taken over up to an amount of EUR 5 million. State guarantees are also possible.
- for Handicraft, trade, hotels and restaurants as well as horticultural businesses can take advantage of guarantees from Bürgschaftsbank Bayern GmbH
- Eligible to apply are medium-sized companies in the commercial sector
- Maximum loan amount: 2 million euros
- at the submission of a consolidation concept is generally waived if the house bank confirms a reason for consolidation to the LfA in the application
If you need support or have any other questions about these topics, please contact us. We are happy to assist you with advice.
Head of real estate and financing consulting
Authorised representative of ACCONSIS GmbH Steuerberatungsgesellschaft
+ 49 89 547143
or by e-mail
‚ACCONSIS Corona Task Force‘ by e-mail
If you would like to be regularly informed about the latest news of the ‘ACCONSIS Corona Task Force’ by e-mail, please let us know and sign up for our special “Corona” newsletter:
ACCONSIS – Corona Information (Update)
Addition to: Safe through the Corona crisis –
What you as an entrepreneur and freelancer should now pay attention to
After many aid programmes of the Federal Government have been adopted, our update provides you with a summary of the financial aid currently available to companies, the regulations and deadlines that apply to them and how you can make use of them quickly and easily in case of doubt.
In addition, you will find information on insolvency law and an outlook on the situation.
ACCONSIS – Corona Information
Safe through the Corona crisis –
What you as an entrepreneur and freelancer should now pay attention to
This client information provides you with important answers to many questions.