Particularly with regard to personnel recruitment, employers can offer additional, attractive benefits that go beyond mere payment in the form of salary.
With selected salary extras, employees’ pay can be optimized through tax-privileged and social security-free benefits to achieve a higher net payout. Employers can thus reward employees for good work performance,
Every employer can provide its employees with a company bicycle for private use free of charge or at a reduced price. The resulting benefit in money’s worth is then part of the taxable wages.
So-called pedelecs are operated with a max. 250 watt motor and are limited to a speed of 25 km/h.
In order to contain the corona pandemic and reduce social contacts – also in the work environment – the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales/ German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS) has issued the Corona-Arbeitsschutzverordnung/ Corona Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance (Corona-ArbSchV). This also contains regulations on home office.
The new year brings with it a number of changes in payroll tax and social security law. We have summarized the most relevant changes in 2021 for you here. Here are the most important facts and key data:
- Increase in the general minimum wage
- Elimination of solidarity surcharge
- Electromobility: increase in monthly flat rates for charging
- Increase of the distance allowance
- Mobility bonus as an alternative to the distance allowance
- Increase in relief amount for single parents
- Contribution rates and levy rates in 2021
Due to the current corona crisis, employers can pay their employees aid or support in the form of a corona premium for employees up to a total amount of EUR 1,500 until 31.12.2020, either tax-free and non-contributory in the social security system or as a tax-free payment in kind.
We have summarized all the changes in short-time working and short-time allowance for you. This applies in detail:
- the increase in the short-time working allowance
- the new rules for new mini-jobs during short-time work in the main job
- a summary of the recording obligation for marginally employed and short-term workers
You can find all details here.